Thursday, October 23, 2008

Drop it: So today I decided that I've given enough chance for one of my professor to start actually explaining the material Which more than half of the class can't even start to understand. It's some kind of a science class that was, apparently mistakenly, enlisted on the General Requirements list for graduation. Given that it is a General Requirement for all students, whether they are PE majors or medicine, the professor has an automatic obligation to explain what the hell are amino acids and how ther are different from lipids and why should we care. She doesn't seem interested in addressing students other than the nursing majors. THEY can explain the material to her if you ask me. So anyways, today I decided that I've just had it and I'm really fed up with her condescention and lack of integrity. So I go, innocently, to file a complaint againt her. I go to the registratr's office and somebody tells me that the best action I could do, without even hearing my complaint or why I'm so freaking upset about the class, is dropping the class. As if I just happened upon the 90 JDs I paid for the course and that I am the idiot who can't understand her explaining. So it's automatically my fault that I can't disinguish the different kinds of Lipase our organs produce because I'm not a freakin' nursing major. Well it's too late! I'm a senior English major and I well damn LIKE IT!

PS. Those events and many more of my daily life's happened and continue to do so in the Hashemite University of Jordan in Zarqa, just 20 minutes away from the Jordanian-Syrian borders. I don't know how to explain it (scientifically) since, you know, I'm such a failure at scientifc reasoning, but my guess is it's just the heat getting to our heads!

No comments: